Monday, May 24, 2010

Sterling, the Ropes that will not die

I've climb with different ropes over the years. I had some that would get all fuzzy and funky looking after just a couple days of climbing... and I owned others that would last forever... And that's just the case with my new Sterling. I've been on the road for about 2 months now and have been climbing with the 9.8 Sterling Evolution Velocity almost everyday... (OK not exactly everyday, because I do take rest days...) and it amazes me how good it looks after that much climbing on it... I've done it all so far, Sport Climbing in Jailhouse, Craging in Indian Creek and JTree (JT is especially rough on rope), Wall Climbing in the Valley... falling, top-roping and jugging on it... It just will not die.... It still perfectly climbs and clips. It handles pretty well in my ATC Guide too. I really like the fact that it's just stiff enough so it's easy to clip but at the same time it is not super-stiff so it doesn't feel like you have a steel cable in your hands.
I Love my blue rope!

No comments:

Post a Comment