Thursday, August 18, 2011

R.I.P.





My life won't be the same without him...

He lived a long and eventful life. He was old, he had a weird obnoxious look, he was definitely not the prettiest and he was kinda high-maintenance… but I had so much fun with him… When I heard the words “it’s not worth it he’s too old”, my heart stop beating for a split second…

Last week my camper died. A while ago I had noticed the expanding crack on the entire left side, but I didn’t think it was that bad… VERY BAD it was indeed… It turned out that the whole bottom structure was rotten and the floor was slowly separating from the side walls. Unable and un-equipped to try repair it myself, I asked around at a couple RV repair shop if it was worth repairing. And all without exception said it was time to retire the old trout-striped-camper. It turned out that when I unloaded the camper from my truck it collapsed a bit on his left side. The storage place gave a mere 200$ for the parts. The only souvenir I took is the fire extinguisher...

I had a few great trips with that rig and will definitely get a similar one for the next season. My only concern is that these things are soo hard to find. I own a small pick-up truck (4 cylinder Tacoma) and there's not too many used slide-in camper that fits on these trucks. If anybody has suggestions, let me know…

Good Bye My dear Camper!

3 comments:

  1. searchtempest is a great way to search craigslist.

    Love the trailer life, though I'm still in the old school bumperpull phase....

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOO! It is going to be even harder to find one with the trout colored stripes! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out four wheel campers, a little expensive, but light and will fit a tacoma

    ReplyDelete