Friday, June 25, 2010

BD



As some of you may know, a couple months ago, I left my old job to become a member of the Black Diamond Family. I will be playing some sort of an Hybrid role there as my new job will consist of being part-time Sales Rep and part-time Climber. This is the Dream come true!

Last week I spent a couple days at the Black Diamond HQ in Salt Lake City. It was my first visit out there as a part of the BD Team. I was surprised how quickly I was integrated to the team. I was comfortable right away and felt like I had been a member of the family for a long time.

BD is a hard core company. Not only do they have the best climbing team out there, but, also the people that work there are the real deal... I mean, within the designers, engineers, customer service reps, sales rep, you'll find that everybody is either a REAL climber, a REAL skier or a REAL outdoor athlete (ultra runners, cyclist, surfers). Over the time I spent there I got the chance to chat with hard core rock climbers and alpinists legends like Jack Tackle, Bill Belcourt and Russ Clune). I feel like the luckiest guy in the world right now. I mean this is not your typical outdoor company... This is THE company!


No comments:

Post a Comment